Sending audio over Ethernet is very convenient way of sharing sound. It works better than analogue radio in a lot of ways including the fact that the quality of signal does not deteriorate over distances. However the cables may not be long enough to connect remote equipment. There is a better way to share let’s say USB microphone over network or a webcam. Let’s have a look at the possible ways of sharing.
Software solution for sharing USB microphone over network
USB Network Gate by Eltima Software is an app that provides shared access to a USB mic over network. It is a handy reliable app that eliminates all possible wires and cables.
Sharing a USB mic over Ethernet is easy with USB Network Gate:
– Download the program from Eltima Software website. Install it on all computers participating, i.e. the one with the device to be shared and other computers accessing this device.
– Go to ‘Share local USB devices’ tab, find the device you are about to share and click ‘Share’ button next to it. If you want to customize the connection you can do so now or later. Now the shared device is visible to other computers on this network with USB Network Gate installed.
Usually when you connect to a remote desktop via RDP all USB ports become inaccessible; plus no support for audio input/output functionality. But with USB Network Gate you can access a USB microphone in an RDP session and basically all other USB devices connected to your local machine. The process is as simple as above!
Benefits of the software for accessing USB microphone over network:
– Access any USB device.
– With a cross-platform solution you can work on Windows, Linux, Mac and Android.
– No need for additional hardware or software.
– Works with virtualization software and in remote desktop sessions.
– Lets you isolate USB device for one user.