Phones have evolved over the last 100 years. The headsets that go with the phones also have evolved over time. Today, you have your pick of headsets to use when you want to be hands-free at work, in the car, at the gym or in call center. To help you choose your headset, here are some features of the top nine.
- Jabra Motion is known for great sound quality. Although the sound quality has some flaws, it is one of the best for motion and environment-sensitive noise-cancelling even in loud environments.
- Plantronics Voyager Legend may have been around for awhile, but it’s for a reason. The headset is designed for comfort. It feels good even over a long time wearing it. The Bluetooth headset stays on your head without falling.
- Plantronics Voyager Edge is small but it packs a technological punch. For example, you get three microphones and a way to give you clear voice quality. The headset also allows for voice commands in several languages. It knows when you’re wearing it, so phone calls automatically are answered through it.
- Jawbone Era takes the Edge to a new level of small. It is so tiny that it snuggly fits inside your ear without falling to the floor. This headset is perfect for exercising, such as running or working on a treadmill.
- Plantronics Marque 2 lacks the features that the others offer, but it does a great job on the basics and a bit more. It’s small, comfortable to wear and long-lasting. You get up to seven hours of calls before it dies. Marque 2 will send voice prompts from GPS apps and can be hooked to two devices simultaneously. Although it features noise-cancelling technology, it’s behind competitors for sound quality.
- Plantronics M55 is the one to buy if you are on a tight budget. You get a big bang for your buck. However, it lacks a premium build. Despite that flaw, you will feel comfortable wearing it. The headset allows for voice commands and true hands-free use. The M55 does offer good sound quality, especially when aided by the noise-cancelling technology. The M55 also has a deep sleep function that begins when it is not with a paired smartphone for 90 minutes. The headset will save its battery that lasts up to five months. However, if you bring the headset within range of your phone, the M55 wakes up immediately.
- Jabra Wave is similar to the Energizer Bunny “It keeps going and going.” The Jabra Wave has more than eight hours of talk time. It is a great choice if you’re going to be without a charger for a long time.
- Jabra Supreme UC is able to be linked to both a phone and a PC at the same time. It also has excellent call quality. Therefore, this headset is a versatile one.
- JETech H0781 has a name that no one can remember, but it is for the people that care about price. Even though it comes with a low price, it has features, a noise-canceling microphone, simple pairing and an LED battery status indicator. It is bigger than competitors, and rivals are better options. This one is for you if you don’t plan to use it that often and can’t afford anything better.
Evangelist Usman Raza is co-founder of Life of Jesus Ministries and digital marketing guru. When not working there is 99% chance that he is praying with his family at home. He loves exercising, herbs, computer, internet,headsets,fruits, shopping online and traveling all around the world.