Who would not love to get a diamond wedding ring? Everyone loves diamonds. We all have heard that diamonds are forever. Diamonds are forever in vogue, and they never ever seem to go out of fashion. The popularity of diamonds is consistently on the rise. Today whoever is pledging marriage is drawn towards purchasing a diamond engagement ring. Diamonds have special sentimental value especially when set in an engagement or wedding ring. They kindle an intense feeling of joy and deep bonding between two people in love, at the very start of a new life together.
Since diamonds are pretty significant and personal purchases, you could be having second thoughts about buying diamonds online. But you could get heavy discounts on diamonds online and diamonds are really affordable if you buy them from online shopping sites. You need not worry about the quality of these diamonds if you buy them from reputed and reliable online shopping sites. However, it is always a good idea to take necessary precautions while buying diamonds online.
Reasons for Purchasing Diamonds Online
Security: If you are buying from renowned sites, all diamonds would be coming with a relevant international certificate, which would be including the identifying features/ attributes, and proportional details regarding your individual purchase. For additional security, your diamonds are actually, laser inscribed demonstrating your specific certificate’s number. When you are using a credit card for buying diamonds online it would be safeguarding you against any fraudulent use. Once the diamond is shipped, it would be insured till you receive it.
Convenient: You could have access to a wide spectrum of diamonds and so decision-making regarding which one to pick could be a lot easier. You could certainly customize your search as per your specific requirements. So you do not need to go through the extensive inventory of any online stores. You could customize and see only those diamonds that match your individual needs. You are sure to get a more effective and efficient diamond shopping experience.
Flexible: You have the freedom of browsing through the entire range as and when you wish and at your own convenient pace or time. This rules out impulsive purchase and on-the-spot decisions as Internet today is easily accessible everywhere you go. Your dream diamonds are just a few clicks away. You could easily solicit a second opinion by forwarding the link to all those people whose opinion really matter to you.
Pretty Cost-effective: You usually, end up getting highly competitive prices when you buy diamonds online. You often get discount diamonds as online shopping sites are directly dealing with diamond cutting factories. They do not involve any middlemen and you can be rest assured to get exquisitely cut diamonds as these sites are known to be interacting as well as dealing with leading diamond cutting factories. Due to an absence of any middlemen an impressive amount of savings is passed on to you.
Some Basic Precautions
- Do Ample Research: Do enough research to know your options. Learn about the 4Cs. Identify the diamond qualities that are really important to you. Determine your budget and then make the right choice.
- Focus on Specifics: You must understand precisely what you are purchasing. Sometimes, online sites showcase diamonds with just a range in color, carat weight or clarity. You must focus on the relevant 4C specifics and not on the range.
- Insist on a Grading Report: Only buy diamonds that come with a grading report just like the ones provided by GIA. The grading report should include unbiased evaluation and analysis of your diamond’s 4Cs. The diamond’s quality helps to determine its exact value. It is, therefore, quite crucial to get an impartial third-party evaluation of the diamond’s 4Cs.
- GIA Report Verification: Verifying GIA report details with Report Check, is the best thing to do to ensure that the online diamond description matches perfectly with the grading results.
- Check out the Laser Inscription: See if the diamond you have chosen has its grading report number laser-inscribed correctly on its girdle. This helps to trace and identify your diamonds in case they are stolen or lost.
- Check the Credentials of the Shopping Site. The seller should get good reviews; the shopping site should be well-established with a reasonable expertise and experience. You must do a background check on the company. Learn about the shipping and return policy. Browse through ratings and relevant buyer feedbacks.
- Diamond Appraisal Is A Must
Get your diamonds definitely, appraised by an independent appraiser. Get his confirmation that the diamond perfectly matches the complete seller’s description, as well as, the relevant or associated paperwork. The appraiser would be providing you with the precise value of your diamond to fulfill insurance formalities.
Keep these precautionary tips on mind for a secure and tension-free online diamond purchase.
Author Bio: Stanley Kramer is a diamond wholesaler. He has been in this trade for many years now and has made a niche for himself in this industry. He is an avid blogger and recommends everyone to go ahead and buy discount diamonds online but first of all, remember to take all the precautionary steps.