Unfortunate as it can get, possession of guns is becoming common and also necessary for people who never thought they would have any business carrying a gun with them. If you are planning to get a gun or already have one, you must have a gun safe to store it.
Importance of gun safes
The frequency of accidental deaths and injuries by gun is higher than that of actual crimes using a gun. People do not realize how the very weapon they got for the safety of their family might end up killing a loved one. The following instances are common:
- Kids getting hold of the gun.
- An inexperienced person releasing the safety catch.
- An inexperienced person trying to clean the gun and ending up dead.
You have no idea how frequent these instances are because they do not make it to the local news in most cases. After all, what is the point of slapping a case of negligence on a family that is already coping with an accident? Nevertheless, you should learn from other people’s mistakes and be safe.
Most of us know about the regular safes that come with a lock and key and are locked away inside a cupboard or in a closet. However there are numerous disadvantages in these locks which are otherwise ideal to keep money, jewelry, or important papers. Reasons why this kind of safe is not ideal for keeping weapons are:
- When you need your gun, it is usually a case of emergency when getting the key to the cupboard and unlocking it and then again getting the key to the safe often becomes too lengthy a process to afford.
- As already mentioned, kids could find the keys and take sneak the gun out to play, which is the last thing you want.
- If your keys are at home, anybody planning to rob you can just find all keys when you’re away and well, that makes the previous point the second-last thing you could want.
This is why you need to resort to advanced technology that incorporates the use of fingerprint scans to unlock the safe.
Guide to fingerprint gun safe
You may not be very familiar with biometric gun safes. You have some idea though. You see it in the movies and you might have seen lockers in banks use them. But all you know is they use fingerprints to unlock the safe and that’s about it.
What you probably did not know is that fingerprint gun safes are becoming commercial. They aren’t as expensive as they started out to be, and they are available for common people now. You can order them online or go get one from an actual store near you.
However, before you buy any biometric safe, you need to know a few things which will help you choose the best one. So, here is what you need to look for:
- There are biometric safes with single or multiple fingerprint options. You should always go for the multiple one where you usually get the software to remember and unlock the safe to up to 10 different fingerprints. You need this to make sure every family member has access to the weapon when in need.
- The material of the safe can be of ordinary quality, which can be broken by thieves with their standard weapons, and there is the super strong type which is unbreakable and also fireproof to some extent. You obviously want the second type.
Invest in a good fingerprint safe for your weapons and sleep peacefully. Safety comes first.